Friday, June 13, 2008

It's All You

So after all your hard work you've made it to the top. You're the head honcho. You know the business. You know the numbers. You're feeling pretty good. Then your opening server calls out. A cook doesn't show up because you've scheduled him outside of his availability. Sally is only trained to work the register and Meridith only knows salads. Some things within the business will be beyond your control but having systems in place to ensure you are maximizing your staffs potential(and happiness) can be achieved with a little investment of your time. There are 4 essential parts. Hiring, Training, Development and Advancement. I'll share with you techniques that have worked for me as well as the bumps in the road. I'll talk about the other side of the interviewing process, how to set up a successful training plan for your new staff member and planning the next steps for your seasoned employee.

1 comment:

Darrenbent said...

Hi

I read this post 2 times. It is very useful.

Pls try to keep posting.

Let me show other source that may be good for community.

Source: Railroad switchmen job description

Best regards
Jonathan.

About Me

Professionally I've been a Chef, a Manager a Catering Coordinator..actually I've held every position available in a restaurant. I'd like to be a resource to others who are in a position of authority and are responsible for making key decisions about the business. I was fortunate enough to have a lot of great mentors as I was growing up in the industry and I think one of the greatest ways to show my appreciation to them is to be a mentor to others(or try to be) I'm working on a fun site that is mostly opinion and personal experience. www.survival101.synthasite.com Beyond that.....maybe oneday someone will publish my journals til then.... ask what ya' wanna know;)